Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Young Minds

Question: What do you see when you look at me?
Because I already know you've got your mind made up.
You've made a decision to judge me off your notions.
And you justify them by saying we're reckless and act criminal.
See, this is where you've got it messed up
Cause you don't even know the half of it.
Just because we are young and courageous
You say what's wrong with them and think we're going to commit violent acts
See, that thinking has got you scared of your own sons and daughters
So, I write to say unto you don't judge
Don't judge a book by it's cover; Ask me.
Ask me what we're really like because we ARE young;
Young and courageous cause we've been told we are misunderstood.
Isn't it interesting that you were told the same thing at your age?
It's quite obvious that some take the hypocritical road.
You need to be remembered that we come from you
So, don't look at me like a thug or a criminal.
I'm not misunderstood, I'm just trying to make it out here.
And hoping that you give me that chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment